In the summer of 1989, the Lord spoke to my heart as clear as I have experienced, saying, “I want you to start a church in Carthage and share hope to your community.” I immediately pursued this mission, and by August 11, 1991, held the first official church service at the current location. The primary purpose of our church is to spread a message of hope and to introduce people to the love of God, the foundation necessary to overcome life’s obstacles. When we discover God’s love, absolutely nothing can separate us from it, our lives are eternally impacted. Our church proclaims a non-condemning message, which focuses on what God has done for us instead of what we can do for God. We strive to be bridge-builders in our community and to be recognized, not by our doctrine, but by our love.
Different on Purpose
Our theology and our worship is consistent with our purpose. Therefore you should expect the following things which may be different from your normal church experiences:
• Our music is modern and promotes participation for all ages and our Services are casual, pressure free, and full of variety.
• Our message challenges, yet never condemns. They are easy to understand and apply to everyday life.
• We value differences and appreciate individuality.
• We encourage personal decision making.
• We welcome everyone no matter background or past church affiliation.
• We care more about people than our image.
• We have fun in church and want learning about God to be fun. • Renew hope for the hopeless.
• Introduce our world to the incredible love and mercy of God.
• Help people build meaningful relationships.
• Create and environment favorable for worshipping God.
• Provide training, instruction, and encouragement to promote emotional stability and maturity.
• Recognize the value of every single person.
3. We believe a person experiences the new birth (salvation from sins) solely based on trusting in the finished work of Jesus Christ and not in our personal efforts. (Eph 2:8-9; Rom. 10:9)
4. We believe Jesus became our sin, took our judgment and is the only sin offering that reconciles man to God. Through death by substitution we have been made righteous and free from the curse and power of sin. (2 Cor. 5:17-21; John 3:16-18; Gal. 3:13; Eph. 1:6; Rom 5:1)
5. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. (Rom. 8:26; Acts 1:4-5 & 8; Acts 2:4 & 8-39)
6. We believe in the present day ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. The Holy Spirit shows himself today as seen in New Testament scriptures. This includes all nine gifts of the Spirit, which equips the believer for every day life. (1 Cor. 12-14)
7. We believe God is a loving father, who only desires good things for mankind. (James 1:17; 1 John 4:7-10; 1 Timothy 2:4)
8. We believe God’s people are called to preach the gospel. The gospel by definition is good news! (Col. 1:23; Mark 16:15)
9. We believe in a literal heaven and hell. We believe Heaven is reserved eternally for those who receive the new birth and Hell is reserved eternally for those who refuse to receive the free gift of eternal life. (Matt. 8:12; 13:42-50; 22:13; 2 Peter 1:4; Rev. 19:20; 20:10-15; 21:8,27; 22:19)
10. We believe in and practice water baptism as the responsibility of all new believers, and as necessary for a clear conscience toward God. (1Peter 3:21; Acts 2:38)
11. We believe in discerning the Lord’s sacrifice for our sins through participation in communion, as well as other symbolic reminders throughout the year. (1 Cor. 11:25-34; Deut. 6:6-9)
Staff & Volunteers
Sunday Morning Classes
Is for Birth to 3 yrs old and is offered during Sunday morning services after Praise and Worship during the Sermon. We have a great team of volunteers that Love God and Loves Kids!
Is for 4 yrs old to completed Kindergarten. Our teachers for this class have a heart for children and to help instill the foundational truth of Gods unconditional Love for us into our children. This class meets during the Sunday morning sermon portion of the service.
First through sixth grade students are invited to Kid’s Church each Sunday morning, to learn about God in a church service geared just for them. They are encouraged to worship God in this “fun” atmosphere. The goal of our children’s program is to introduce the children of our generation to a God who cares for them and who can relate to them just as they are
3rd Sunday Special services
We offer a special Sunday morning service one a month for grades 5th-8th and 9th-12th. It is designed to maximize to reach those who can only come on Sunday mornings by offering a service geared directly for their age groups. We strongly believe that every generation deserves to hear The Gospel in a language they can understand. So even though the message never changes we must be willing to adjust our methods to minister The gospel.
Wednesday Night Classes
Studying Gods word in depth. This classes offer adults a relaxed setting to learn and grow in Gods word by using an open question and answer format.
In this Children’s Ministry Class our teachers pour their Hearts into sowing the Heart of God and His Love for us into your children. This class is for Grades K-4
Is a class for 5th-8th grade Students. In this class they will discover objective reasons and evidence that Christianity is true (it corresponds to reality) and, the communication of that truth to the world. Helping students to develop a Christian, Bible based worldview.
The Youth Ministry at Carthage Full Gospel Church is designed to reach out to today’s youth; to offer them a safe place to express and be themselves; to form positive relationships with other teens; and, to grow in their relationship with God. We steer away from the traditional concepts of Youth Ministry to communicate the life changing love of Jesus Christ in a language teens can understand.It is our heart to Encourage them, Train them, Challenge them, and Help them to build solid relationships with Christ, Family and Friends. Our goal is to ETCH Gods word, Principles, and His wisdom upon their hearts as mentioned in Proverbs 7:2-5 MSG.